Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Best Day Ever

I would have made some drawings for this update, but moving day is tomorrow.  Deal with it, punk.  (I will definitely be posting new blog/comics once I get settled into my new place though, so be excited.)

Today has been the best day ever.  EVER.

Never before in the history of mankind, nor even during the duration of this plane of existence, has anyone had a better day than I had today.  Be jelly.

1.  I'm finally leaving my boring/smelly/depressing hometown tomorrow to start my first job-that-is-related-to-my-college-degree-and-is-something-I-actually-want-to-do job.  Ooh yes, I am thrilled.

2.  My great-grandma royally hooked me up with a ton of her frosted sugar cookies...to go along with the mountain of junk food my sister got me and the amazing DING DONGS WITH OREO FILLING that my ex-student/soon-to-be-protege made for me (if the dudes at the newspaper ever get their junk together and let her take my spot as columnist/film critic). 

...if you can't tell by now from the frantic tone of my writing, I have been eating those snacks all day while packing and am on a sugar rush which is probably on the verge of becoming a food coma.

Also, you read right, Ding Dongs with Oreo Filling.  Try it, it will change your perspective on snacking forever.  FOREVER.  (There is a reason why I chose [student] as my replacement at the newspaper, she is a genius at snacks and that's 90% of the writing process right there.  Don't believe me?  Note the dietary habits of Hemmingway, Mark Twain, and just about any good writer and you will find that they ate some odd-yet-amazing things.)

Anyway!

3.  The iPhone is going to be available on Verizon soon.  I am so stoked.  I've wanted one for years, and I could care less about the other smart phones.  The iPhone is shiny and made by Apple, therefore I need it.  (Actually I just like how it looks and works when compared to other phones and could care less about expanding memory and all that other crap.  It's a freaking cell phone, not a customizable car or desktop computer...so no whining about the Android, you harpies!)

4.  Boxxy is back.  She is my favorite internet meme (or whatever you want to call her/her character), and I can't wait to see her new videos!
 
If you don't know who I am talking about, watch this!


If your head didn't melt from that first video and you want to know more, watch this!


If you know who I am talking about, but don't believe me that she is back, watch this!


5.  I just now realized that one of my old friends from Hapkido recently started teaching at Utah State University, and that is only a 3.5 hour drive from where I will be!  It's going to rock hanging out with her again, and it's just comforting to know there is a friend nearby. 

6.  Today is Pocky Day.  1-11-11  (Pocky are delicious Japanese cookie sticks, and since they look like 1's, each day that is entirely made of 1's is a Pocky Day.  I could only find strawberry around here, so I had to settle...but it was still delicious!)

Summary of today:  Woot!

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Matt
I got my English degree and mountain of student loan debt from the University of Iowa. I like boo berry cereal, martial arts, running and cats.
View my complete profile
Matt Naber wrote these words and made these drawings. Powered by Blogger.